Discover What Teachers in 150,000 Classrooms Already Know About: AUDUBON ADVENTURES
Audubon Adventures is Audubon's award-winning environmental education program about the natural world and how to protect it. Audubon Adventures helps form positive attitudes about nature and supports teachers with instructional content aligned with national standards for Social Studies, Civics, Science, and Language Arts. Audubon Adventures covers topics and themes that are important to Birmingham Audubon Society's mission in a way that supports education and teachers.
The classroom edition of Audubon Adventures is for grades 3-5. Audubon Adventures Classroom Resource Kits are packed with exciting resources to bring science to life in any classroom. Read testimonials about the program from other Audubon Adventure teachers in the Birmingham area .
Audubon Adventures Topic for 2012-2013 : "Sharing Our Earth"
Unit One: Sharing Our Shores
Unit Two: Be a Friend to Birds
Unit Three: World of the Forest
Unit Four: Grasslands: A Prairie Tale
Each Classroom Resource Kit includes the following material:
1. Student Magazine - class sets (32 of each) of 4 separate magazines will thrill and inspire students with vibrant photos and lively illustrations that bring the natural world to life right in your classroom.
2. Classroom Resource Manual - 48-page spiral bound book helps you easily navigate your way through each unit and present the material to students in an appealing and engaging way. This manual includes:
- Step-by step overview of each section
- Instructions for hands on activities with easy to remove reproducible page
- Background facts and information
- Student assessment pages
- Plus - each manual contains glossary words, recommended resources, and correlations to national language arts and science standards.
As part of its education mission, Birmingham Audubon Society sponsors 100 classrooms in the Greater Birmingham area with FREE Classroom Resourse kits.
To request an Audubon Adventures kit for this school year ('12-'13), contact Jean Folsom at
Include the following information in your email:
1. Your name
2. Your school email address
3. Your school name and mailing address including zip code
4. School phone number.
5. Grade you teach
6. Put Audubon Adventures in the subject of your email.
DEADLINE TO REQUEST SPONSORSHIP IS SEPTEMBER 30, 2012.