Explore the Natural World With Your Class: Audubon Adventures Classroom Kits
Now you can bring the natural world into your classroom and connect kids to the environment. Designed for teachers and students in grades 3 - 5, Audubon Adventures offers top quality nonfiction material from the environmental experts at the National Audubon Society. With captivating hands-on activities, students learn that we all have a personal stake in the health of the environment and play an important role in its preservation and improvement.
As part of its mission to promote conservation, a greater knowledge of birds and their habitat and the natural world, Birmingham Audubon sponsors 150 classrooms in the greater Birmingham area with FREE Audubon Adventures kits. Your sponsorship also includes a membership in the National Audubon Society including a full year of Audubon magazine.
2013-2014 Theme: "Sharing Our World With Birds!"
Available in September 2013
This classroom kit can be used across the curriculum and offers correlations to Common Core Standards and National Science Education Standards PLUS student assessment material.
Student Magazine--You will receive 4 separate magazine sets (32 of each). Each set has vibrant photos and lively illustrations that bring the natural world to life right in your classroom. This year's titles:
- Seabirds: Feathered Ocean Mariners (starring PROJECT PUFFIN")
- Hooray For Hummingbirds!
- Raptors: The Birds of Prey
- Caring For Our Planet: Action for Planet Earth
Educator Resource Materials to help you easily navigate your way through each topic and present the material to students in an appealing way. You will receive 4 stand-alone Educator's Guides, one for each magazine.
Step-by-step teaching plan for the topic
- Instructions for hands-on activities with easy-to-remove reproducible pages
- Background facts and information
- Student assessment pages
- Plus - each manual contains glossary words, recommended resources, and assessment materials.
To request an Audubon Adventures kit for this school year ('13-'14), contact Jean Folsom, Audubon Adventures Chairman.
Include the following information in your email:
1. Your name
2. Your school email address
3. Your school name and mailing address including zip code
4. School phone number.
5. Grade you teach
6. Put Audubon Adventures in the subject of your email.
DEADLINE TO REQUEST SPONSORSHIP IS SEPTEMBER 30, 2013.